Sunday, 24 February 2013

Information about OYSTER MUSHROOMS


Pleurotus ostreatus, the oyster mushroom, is a common edible mushroom. It was first cultivated in Germany as a subsistence measure during world war and is now grown commercially around the world for food.Oyster mushrooms can also be used industrially for mycoremediation purposes. The oyster mushroom may be considered a medicinal mushroom, since it contains statins such as lovastatin which work to reduce cholesterol.

4 comments:

  1. we r u interest about about cultivation .. plz contact us 8008 50 7312

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am P.Balasundaram Rtd.Asst Director of Sericulture. I did my M.Sc Botany with Mycology & Plant Pathology from OU in 1975-77 I stay at Taranaka . I am interested in cultivating Mushroom. I highly impressed with ur presentations in this blog. My Mobile No is 9866699205. I will contact u in person shortly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please contact me . I need to purchase the spores

    ReplyDelete